As a distribution system operator, you need to extend the reach of grid communications to fulfil your grid modernisation and Internet of Things strategy - from distribution automation to substation automation, distributed generation and advanced metering infrastructure.
Field area networks (FAN) can be enabled by a variety of communication technologies but this webinar will focus on long-term evolution (LTE), “a natural evolution of cellular and WiMAX technologies”, says Nokia.
In the US, Nokia and AT&T have joined forces to bring a private LTE solution, which includes spectrum to the utility industry to allow power companies to build out a secure converged FAN for critical distribution connections.
But what are the benefits of a private LTE network and how does it converge data into a single communication network?
Watch this webinar to find out:
- Utility use cases for a private LTE network
- Long term benefits of LTE
- Technical considerations for deploying LTE
- How FAN interoperates with Wide Area Network (WAN)
- How you can have 'speed to deployment'
- How Nokia’s service aggregation router extends IP/MPLS services over LTE
- How this creates a critical foundation to prosper with a changing business model
Keen to find out more? Why not check out Nokia's white paper Rethinking the FAN for grid automation