Amidst new market regulations, industry challenges, and pressure from traditional and non-traditional competition, energy retailers in liberalized markets are preparing to transform themselves from commodity providers into energy service companies.
Customer engagement is critical for a successful transformation, and utilities are investing in IT solutions that will equip them with the capabilities needed to engage and retain customers. Where are most retailers in their customer transformation journey? Where are executives placing their bets? How are they procuring the required capabilities?
To answer these questions, Opower engaged IDC Energy Insights to survey 75 utility retail executives from Australia, France, Italy, Spain and the United Kingdom to get their perspective on the future of customer engagement. Two main themes emerged: energy retailers still lack mastery of customer engagement capabilities and are turning to new IT models to procure the capabilities needed to close the gap.
On Tuesday, 28 June at 13:00 UTC, IDC Energy Insights and Opower will host a live webinar to share the latest results from the Customer Engagement Study.
- Understand how other retailers are transforming business to become more customer-centric, and benchmark the progress made in your business
For marketing and customer experience leaders:
- Learn about 15 customer engagement capabilities that are necessary for a successful energy service company
- Gain insight into the customer engagement capabilities and technology investments being made by other retailers to benchmark your business
For technology leaders:
- Understand the customer engagement capabilities that IT systems will be expected to unlock
- Gain insight into what systems other IT leaders are investing in and their buying criteria