- What is new on VPP in the Grid Management context?
- Who participates from a VPP approach?
- How to start today with VPP
- Power shortages in Japan after March 11 earthquake
- Expectations of smart metering and demand response
- Experiences in the summer of 2011 and 2012
26 years after the Single European Act - are we any closer to a single electricity market? T&D developments market activity or political issue?
The structure of the electricity system is changing fast. Rapid deployment of renewables, the needs to decarbonise European activities and the aging electricity system infrastructure present a significant and growing challenge to transmission and distribution systems across Europe.
What started with smart meters, originally devised for accurate billing, has spun into a multi-billion euro industry, where progressive utilities, new market entrants and pioneering technologies are opening up unparalleled commercial opportunities for savvy players in an incredibly dynamic and intensely competitive space. Progressive utilities are placing the consumer at the heart of smart grid and are devising transparency in billing and various consumer engagement programmes to build rapport and trust.
- Presentation of a comprehensive model to quantify the effects of e.g. demand response on required network investments and electricity generation capacity
- Results of three scenarios show a robust positive NPV for the implementation of a smart grid
- Why is this asserted result hard to accomplish?