Interruptions to service, caused by weather events, equipment or system failures, cost the utility industry millions of dollars a year and negatively impact safety, customer satisfaction and return on equity.
This tech talk looks into how you can be better prepared to anticipate and manage outages before they happen with predictive analytics using weather data. By combining predictive analytics with IoT, cloud and mobile technologies, energy and utilties sector can:
- lower costs
- improve operational efficiency & reliability
- use mobile devices and wearables to capture data from the field
- proactively respond to storms and severe weather
- identify asset health and early warnings of outages
- increase workforce productivity and safety