It is a truth universally acknowledged that flexibility and battery storage are vital to enabling renewables and the clean power system of the future. But for potential investors in large scale battery storage, there is surprisingly little consensus on the optimal business model or returns that are achievable.
Key take aways:
- How can I maximise the revenue from my battery?
- Are grid-scale storage and co-located solar + storage projects really investable yet?
- How do I manage the degradation and lifetime value of a storage asset?
- What are the risks associated with a merchant/trading business model?
- What are the pros and cons of the various route-to-market options?
Dr Ben Irons is a co-founder of Habitat Energy, a trading and optimisation service for battery storage and other flexible assets in the UK and Australia.
Register now to find out more