This webinar will give an overview of how algorithms and forecasting can be used to optimize energy assets, particularly battery storage.
1. Introduction: energy transition: flexibility & price volatility
2. What defines the “value” of a battery: the cash flows it can generate in the market (also other sources of value, e.g. reduced risk of blackout etc. note: other energy assets can do the same, e.g. Power-to-X)
3. How can batteries generate cash flow?: Arbitrage
4. Battery Use Cases: see Lazard storage example
5. Algorithms to optimize use case: example with Entras dispatching tool
6. Technical constraints
7. Market access