India Power Transformer Market Outlook to 2019 - Export Demand and Favorable Government Policies to Propel Market presents a comprehensive analysis of the industry covering aspects including market size by revenue generated, power transformers production and their capacity utilization and market segmentation by cooling system (liquid/dry), by power rating, by end users, by market structure and others. The report also entails a detailed description on the recent trends and developments, pricing analysis, threats and the competitive scenario of major players in the industry along with the share on the basis of production capacity and revenue generated of major companies in India power transformer market.
A transformer is regarded as the most expensive asset in a power transmission network as it nearly cost 60% of the total substation capital cost. The average power rating of a distribution transformer is less than 1 MVA while that of a power transformer is greater than 5 MVA in India. Power transformers accounted for nearly ~% of the total revenue generated by India Power Transformer Market in 2013. The power transformer market is pegged at INR ~ million for the year FY’2014 which has accelerated from INR ~ million in FY’2009. The power transformer market has witnessed appreciable growth at a CAGR of ~% during FY’2009-FY’2014. The total production capacity of India power transformer industry is computed to be ~ MVA at a tremendous growth rate of 12.8% in the year FY’2014.
Power transformers are designed as per the purpose and requirement. Large power transformers are usually ranged above 100 MVA and can maximum go up to 1,000 MVA. These transformers witnessed contribution share of nearly ~% with production capacity of ~ MVA in FY’2014 in the overall India power transformer market. The end users of power transformers include power utilities companies, industrial sector and export market. The power utility companies withheld a mighty 70% of contribution share in total revenue generated by India power transformers market. India exports a considerable number of power transformers. The major countries where export is diverted include Malaysia, Peru, Zambia, Korea Republic, Yemen Republic and others. The countries nearly exported ~% share of actual production of power transformers of computed capacity of ~ MVA in FY’2014.
India transformer industry has nearly more than 300 manufacturers yet most of the market share is withheld by a few leading multinational and indigenous players. Alstom T&D India Limited (ATDIL) is the leading producer of power transformers, thereby commanding a production share of ~% in India organized power transformer market in FY’2014. BHEL is one leading indigenous manufacturer of power transformers, thereby commanding a market share of ~% through sales of power transformers. There is an immense potential for electrical T&D equipments. India is developing the overall transformer industry not only to suffice domestic demand but also to cater for increasing exports. The transformer industry is forecasted to surge from INR ~ million in FY’2015 to massive revenue generation of INR ~ million at a CAGR of 10.4% during this period.
Key Topics Covered in the Report:
· The market size of India power transformer market in terms of revenue generated, power transformers production and capacity utilization
· India power transformer market segmentation by cooling system (liquid type, dry type) in terms of revenue generated and production capacity
· India power transformer market segmentation by power rating of power transformers (low, medium, high) in terms of production capacity
· India power transformer market segmentation by end users in terms of capacity consumption
· India power transformer market segmentation by market structure (organized and unorganized) and by type of power transformers (step down and step up) in terms of production capacity
· External trade of transformers including comprehensive export & import scenario
· Industry Trends and developments and SWOT analysis in India power transformer market
· Pricing analysis of power transformers
· Growth drivers; challenges & restraints and existing government regulations in India power transformer market
· Competitive landscape of major companies including their market shares on the basis of revenue and power transformers production capacity
· Future projections and analyst recommendation in India power transformer market
· Macro economic factors of India power transformer market
Ankur Gupta, Head Marketing & Communications